Using Video To Amp Up Your Business
We recently added a new video to our portfolio that showcases our brand design process and we were a little obsessed with it (watching it 84 times a day obsessed)! But it got us thinking and researching the use of video in businesses. But we are not the only ones analyzing this, we have links all over this place full of amazing research.
There are so many different ways you can utilize videos for your business. Among many are: testimonials, product demos, tutorials, product review, live webinars, video blogs, event videos and interviews with influencers. Even before our newest brand design video we have created video tutorials before and we are currently working on a live webinar. So, if we are being honest, we were already drinking the pro-video Kool-Aid but we want everyone else to implement videos in their business too.
Start trying to think of videos as a necessity rather than an extravagance. We have talked about before that a business’ story is more memorable than a company with no connection. Videos are 22 times more memorable for your clients and/or consumers because they show your story. YouTube gets 4 billion views a day placing it second below Google. Videos capture visual and auditory learners and are easily shared since videos work well on mobile devices. A Simply Measured study found that videos are shared 1200 times more than link and text posts. Check out the traffic the Shave Club’s video has received!
Some of our research from studies or articles by:
Oh the power of social media. Sit right in front of your computer and go live to your followers, friends or in your close Facebook group.
Hire A Professional
Shell out the cash and bring in someone with the tools to create something that will last. The editing and voice overs that a professional can make happen are worth it.
Screenshot How To's
Setup your computer to record a video of your screen through Quicktime. Walk your client or audience through a how-to tutorial.
Some fun facts...
- Using videos in email increase your click through rates.
- Videos are more likely to have greater engagement from your followers…10 times more likely. Boom.
- Adding a video to your site can also increase your SEO by 53 times. For those unfamiliar with SEO, this means Search Engine Optimization and it affects where you land in the Google search.
- 70% of marketing professionals agree that video converts better than any other medium.
- Internet users spend 88% more time on a site that has a video.
- 64% of consumers buy a product after viewing a video.